The fiction we live in.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Letting Go

I held you close to me,
Tried to surround you and protect you with my love,
To keep you safe from all harm,
But it was not what you needed.

I wanted to keep you for myself, encircled, sheltered,
Instead of allowing you to grow and flourish,
Spread your wings and explore your potential.
I now realize I cannot contain you
And that your happiness is best discovered without me.

To let you go, knowing I must set you free,
This is the hardest task I have ever done,
Fly away, fly high, fly free.
Go from my sight quickly and dont look back,
For if you do, you will see a smile covering a broken heart,
But the tears of loss are slowly replaced with the tears of joy,
Knowing your happiness will soon follow.

May your wings take you to magical places
and all your dreams be fulfilled.
Be happy in all you do and may you find your true love
That is what I have always wanted for you.

Let go now. That's what I think I'll do.

4 comments:

chanraymond said...

We're here for you, dude. We are.

predx said...

i guess this is over. i tried.. but guess i failed. guess i'll follow everyone's advice.. fck it and move on. but now.. the thing is.. are we even friends?

lamomok said...

Don't worry about that... Just go with the flow, remember your advice for me? Go with the flow... Don't force it... And don't worry, thing's will work out for the better bro...

predx said...

Ha.. hope it will..