The fiction we live in.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Dare to Hope.

Ever watched the movie "The Shawshank Redemption"? If not, then you're missing out on something. I gotta thank Lionel big time for pestering me to watch it. It was an awesome movie - inspiring, touching & satisfying.

The Shawshank Redemption - a must watch.

The movie is about the enduring human spirit, perserverance, friendship and hope. Friendship is an essential part to life. Without friends, where do we find comfort and support when we're away from home studying overseas? Where do we find that intimate relationship and unbreakable bond that can only be found in friendship?



Hope is the sun and warmth after the storm.

However, I feel that hope is the crux of shaping up one's life. It is the very foundation that allows people to live and build upon their dreams. Hope is the one thing that is left to us, in a bad time. Without hope, what else is there to hope for?

But there are arguments, saying, "hope is a dangerous thing". Is hope a dangerous thing? I think the only time when hope is dangerous, is when it is classified under false hope, for the outcome is unlikely and unreachable. Well, I agree with "hope, is never a dangerous thing".


Hope is like the light at the end of a tunnel of darkness.


Hope can give a meaning to life. People live to hope for something to happen to them, and people hope to live for something. Everyone has hopes. It can come in the form of:
  • hoping that a person has reciprocal feelings of love

  • hoping to achieve that covetted job

  • hoping to be forever young

  • hoping to be filthy rich

  • hoping to be famous

  • hoping for a better world
I've got hopes, many hopes, in my life. I hope I can find that one person that can bring all the happiness and joy into my life once again. I hope that I will be successful in the years to come. I hope that I will pass my fitness test in March. I hope that I will see my friends in Perth again. I hope that I can make up my mind on what course to take.



I hope...

I hope..

I hope.




What do you hope for?


4 comments:

lamomok said...

Thanks for thanking me! And yes, I've watched that movie! And now I'm pestering everyone who hasn't set their eyes on this movie to WATCH IT... Your life ain't complete if you don't watch it... Wait... Actually that's not true... Your life's not complete if you don't watch... Donnie Darko... :P Haha... Anyway, I hope that I can fulfill all my resolutions this year... And Ryan knows them (except I'll bet he was so stoned when he read them that he can't remember them now...) :P Stay cool bro!

predx said...

lol... NOT DONNIE DARKO!! yesyes.. i think i remember some.. just some. lol!! and i can't stay cool no more!! stupid dumb haircut!!!! and a few weeks later.. it'll be all gone!!!

lamomok said...

your HARICUT is COOL?! COOL?! *dies*
I beg to differ...
Long hair makes you look sloppy!
I say shave it all off!

Unknown said...

oh I'm shocked I cant tell you how much I like your songs its so nice I really don't like english songs but you make me love it